Since the early dawn of computer science has arisen the need to be transported from one computer to another, so as to reduce the means and / or time required for the transfer.
Better compression ratio
RAR for Linux and FreeBSD responds brilliantly to this problem.
Thanks to its highly sophisticated, original compression algorithm, it allows for a high compression ratio, superior to other archiving programs, especially with executable files, object libraries, large text files, etc. . Furthermore, RAR includes a special compression algorithm optimized for multimedia files.
Highlights of RAR for Linux and FreeBSD
• Version in mode from "command line in character mode".
• RAR format, better and optimized for various data formats, compresses up to 20% better than ZIP.
• Creation of self-extracting archives, autonomous from RAR and with many customization options.
• Sophisticated creation of multi-volume archives, subdivided into several sub-archives.
• "Armored" encryption of 128-bit archives.
• Advanced options for the prevention and recovery of errors on archives.
• Free and freely distributable UnRAR slitter.
• Developing a "free" Gnome interface.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 21 March, 2018.